[BKARTS] Two things in Pendleton, OR

First...
..if you'd like to participate in the "Art of the Card" exhibit, there's still time to submit. The exhibit won't be installed until Oct.3rd, so if we get your card(s) by that date, we can include you. We've received a gorgeous assortment so far, so you'll be in good company, and your contribution goes to support a good cause.

Here's the scoop...

The Pendleton Center for the Arts is hosting a small exhibit called "The Art of the Card" in our Lorenzen Boardroom Gallery to showcase what artists (specifically printmakers/calligraphers/letterpress printers) are doing in the medium of greeting cards (Thank You, Birthday, Blank...). The cards will be on display Oct. 6 - 30, 2006 then be put together into two or three nice big sets for bid at our November Gala Auction. If you'd like to donate one or two cards to the exhibit and auction, just mail them our way (in a separate outer envelope so that card envelope is usable by the winning bidder)...Pendleton Center for the Arts, 214 N. Main Street, Pendleton, OR 97801, USA

This exhibit runs concurrently with "Healing Through Art: Women, AIDS & Hope in South Africa", a multi-media exhibit that we hope will draw a large audience.

This is non-juried, no returns event and all participants will receive documentation about the exhibit.

For more information about the Pendleton Center for the Arts, visit http://www.pendletonarts.org

For more information about this event, contact me at paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or artscntr@xxxxxxx

Second....
I've finally gotten my re-vamped website back online - a crash at the ISP put everyone offline for a time, but all is well. There are a few shots of the new studio location, some new works, and other doo-dads. I'm happy to take tips (off-list, preferably) on typos, broken links and any of the other things that invariably get overlooked.

http://www.missioncreekpress.com

all the best,
Roberta

Roberta Lavadour - Pendleton, OR