Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 19 Sep 2006 to 20 Sep 2006 (#2006-20)

In a message dated 9/21/2006 12:10:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  all,

A few months ago, the list had a printer discussion,  ......
For my purpose for now, it's the C88+ that I'm  looking at. Has anyone
tried it and how do you like  it?

Shu-Ju
----------
http://www.fingerstothebone.com
Paintings,  Drawings, Prints, Artist's Books

Shu-Ju,

I replaced a C82 with a C66 and then a C88, and like it. Like all printers,
the quality is, obviously affected by paper choice. I also use a Epson 1280,
and  some images come out much better on the same paper using it. But, of
course, the inks are different.  I don't track my ink usage as  carefully as I
should, so I can't tell you if the C88 is any better than the  C82. Fortunately
for you, the C88 takes the same cartridges as the  C84, so you can use up any
cartridges you have around from the old  printer.  (I was not so lucky; the C82
uses different ones.)

One other comment. I have not tried this yet, but I read  elsewhere that a
good way to use these printers is for printing black &  white photos with
quadtone inks.  A place that sells them is  inksupply.com. I think I read about this
on the YahooGroups Epson printing e  list. That list is a great source of
info on Epson printers with a lot of  knowledgeable and helpful members, so you
may want to check there too.

Sally Canzoneri