Re: [BKARTS] InDesign resources?

Ginnie Mickelson wrote:

Our texts, however, were terrific: Adobe InDesign CS2 Classroom in a
Book, and InDesign CS2 in the Visual Quickstart Guide series.

There are more than twenty InDesign books. "Real World Adobe InDesign 2"
by Olav Kvern and David Blatner gets very high recommendations on the Indesign Talk list. So do "Adobe InDesign CS/CS2 Breakthroughs" by David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepcion, and Sandee Cohen's "InDesign CS2 for Macintosh and Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)"

InDesign Talk is a great discussion list frequented by some of the top experts (including the authors of the books mentioned above), all of whom are very friendly and patient in dealing with novices. You can subscribe at http://www.listsearch.com/indesigntalk.lasso?tab1=about

Good luck. I love this program; it combines the best of Quark and PageMaker.

It's just unreal -- one of the most satisfying type and layout applications I've ever used. The OpenType features are the greatest -- you can specify four different kinds of numerals (regular, lining, oldstyle proportional and oldstyle lining) and true small caps at the character, character style or paragraph style level, for example.

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501-Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts

http://www.newsroom-l.net/