[BKARTS] Marshall Weber and Booklyn present Found in Translation at the New York Center for Book Art

Found in Translation
September 29th, 2006 - December 9th, 2006

Found in Translation
Exhibition opening reception
Friday, September 29th , 6 to 8 pm
This is in international touring exhibition of multi-lingual artists books, prints, and digital and video documentation of innovative projects that explore the cognitive, literary, and political processes of translation. The work in this exhibition also explore language as a visual form, pattern, and symbol. Translation is basic to our existence as human beings. It is what literally creates and defines us as a species; from the use of the word to signify the formation of amino acids by our RNA to the internal process whereby our cerebral cortex translates our thoughts into language. Using the term ‘translation’ in a generous and inclusive manner this exhibit examines our human struggle to transform human experience, perception, and thought and into acts and materials of communication. In particular this exhibit will focus on the success of this process and on what has been found rather than lost. Organized by Marshall Weber.
free to the public

Found in Translation Artist Talk Friday, October 27th , 6:30 pm Artists to be announced with moderator Marshall Weber. $5 suggested donation for members/ $10 for non-members

The Center for Book Arts
28 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10001
(212) 481-0295