Re: [BKARTS] indesign resources and a question about ribbons

Hi Felice
I put in Scribus to the peachpit search and came up with nothing..I am interested to learn more about Scribus as I am using a combination of Corel Draw and Quark Express and cannot really afford InDesign...It would be great to know more about a free package!

Does anyone have a suggestion for this project. I am currently doing a small poetry book 8.5 inches wide by 5.47 inches high. It is only 48 pages. I am trying to think of a way to put a ribbon in it either as a bookmark or tied as a decorative piece on the spine... The colours (below) are bright but I want an extra little device to denote the femininity of the book and the idea of a wrapped package. In order to place a ribbon in it I am thinking I will need to staple rather than glue, unless I glue the ribbon in between the pages and the spine...Does anyone have any ideas for attaching ribbons..The cover is a glossy printed card folded with a spine of half an inch. I am making 50 copies for a local poet so it cannot be too complicated a task..
best wishes
Jessica