Re: [BKARTS] Dyes for polyester

Rit should do ok, make sure you soak in a strong vinegar solution (1 cup per gallon of water or so) after the dye bath
or you can get good dyes at Dharma Trading Company.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2934904-AA.shtml

gwen miller
gwenjm@xxxxxxxxxx

I have a project that requires me to tint a large panel of lightweight,
printed polyester fabric to tone down the print pattern. The resulting
fabric will be part of a book project. I seem to remember that off-the-shelf
Rit dyes only work well on natural fibers and rayon. It doesn't have to be
an intense dye job, just a shade or two down from it's current state. Any
ideas how to accomplish this with reasonable effort?

Thanks all!

Buckley Jeppson
buckley.jeppson@xxxxxxxxxxx