Re: [BKARTS] Question about vade mecums, folded almanacs, etc

Hi I seem to remember seeing some like the first illustration, but these were from
southeast Asia. The belonged to an artist friend Arthur Price whose library we bought.
Unfortunately he was not selling the 'belt books'. He lives in Toronto now and
illustrated a number of books by Maurius Barbeau.
Regards, Alice
Argosy Books in Ottawa

On Sep 26, Margie Fenney <fenneyml@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am hoping that someone can help me out. I've been looking for information
> about the belt books that were popular in the 14 - 15 centuries. This type
> of book had multiple pages that were folded either as groups of pages or
> individually to make a (usually) long, slim book that was hung from the
> belt. They were small, popular with doctors and held astronomical, medical,
> or liturgical info. Here are some links to images:
>
> <a
href='http://www.roe.ac.uk/roe/library/crawford/index.html'>http://www.roe.ac.uk/roe/libr
ary/crawford/index.html</a>
> (scroll down the page a little bit).