Re: [BKARTS] book ribbons

The instructions here describe a tape binding technique using ribbon instead.
The tapes are being sown on to the paper signatures spines to create a text block. Then threaded through holes or slits that are cut in the space between the spine board and the cover boards. The ribbons are then tied to the spine back and this holds the text block to the casing. On good sturdy cloth or paper you shouldn't have any problems.