[BKARTS] Susan Share workshop

Apologies for cross posting:

The Rocky Mountain Chapter of the
Guild of Book Workers is thrilled to present
Book as Performance with Susan Share

November 11 & 12, 2006  Denver, Colorado
9:30am - 4:30pm

This workshop provides a unique opportunity to explore the book as a kinetic sculptural form, and object of transformation, as well as a container for words and images. We will employ methods of folding, gluing, sewing, fitting and fastening to create book-like forms. Then, through simple theatrical exercises and incorporating our own movements and sounds, we will animate the works we create and present them informally in class. Visual aids include slides, DVD, and book samples. All levels of experience are welcome.
Susan Joy Share was born in Syracuse, New York, and received her BFA from the College of Ceramics at Alfred University in 1977. She worked as an artist and conservator in New York City for twenty years before moving her studio to Anchorage, Alaska in 1997. Her artwork has been collected, exhibited, and performed widely, including at the Anchorage Museum of History and Art, the National Museum of Women in the Arts, the Brooklyn Museum of Art, the Victoria and Albert, the Ruth and Marvin Sackner Archive, and the Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection. Her teaching activities include workshops at the Center for Book Arts, Anderson Ranch Arts Center, Penland School of Crafts, Haystack Mountain School of Crafts, Visual Studies Workshop, Columbia College Center for Book and Paper Arts, and the University of Alaska, Anchorage. She has also been the recipient of grants from the Rasmuson Artist Fellowship Program, the Alaska State Council on the Arts, The New York State Council on the Arts, and the Ludwig Vogelstein Foundation

Workshop fee for GBW, Rocky Mtn Chapter members $150 + material fee (tba)
Non-member $160 + material fee (tba)

Room for only 9 students. Sending a deposit is the only way to hold a space.
To hold your space for this workshop, send a non-refundable deposit of $75 to
Alicia Bailey, GBW Treasurer, PO Box 200984, Denver, CO 80220.
For more information contact Alicia Bailey, aliciabailey@xxxxxxx, 303-340-2110