Re: [BKARTS] Expandable Books

.  I've recently been hooked
> onto Artist Trading Cards (ATCs, the crystal meth of 2-D art
> creation) and wish to have something a little more creative than a
> three-ring binder to take my trades to our swap.

Linda - Welcome to the "addiction" from another addict! ;-)

Some of the magazines such as Somerset Studio, Cloth Paper Scissors etc.
occasionally address the ATC holder question (for display as well as for
trading material) but I haven't seen anything that is both creative and
useful. They seem to run to small boxes or accordion-style holders for a
half-dozen cards. Artists frequently discuss ways to display multiple cards
on a rotating basis, with no real solutions.

It seems to me that there is a large opportunity for someone to develop both
a better trading-stock storage system and display options. For trading, how
about a drop-front box with pocket protectors bound accordion-style? There
are, BTW, both 9-pocket and 4-pocket pages and binders. Could a Rolodex
style holder be used that would accommodate both horizontal and vertical
formats (that would be nice for display).

If you are interested in on-line trading for original artwork only
(draw/paint/original print) check out:

Lee

Lee Kirk
The Prints & The Paper
Cats are composed of Matter, Anti-matter, and It Doesn't Matter.

Charter member of ABookCoOp (TomFolio). We encourage you to support this
independent internet bookseller's cooperative.

Check out my catablog:
http://kirksbooks.blogspot.com/

Find my shop here:
http://www.tomfolio.com/shop/LeeKirk
http://www.kirksbooks.com

The Prints & The Paper - for old, odd, and unusual books, photographs,
postcards, and other paper ephemera.

The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432
Eugene, OR 97405 USA
PH: 541-683-7033
Visa, Mastercard, Discover,  American Express and PayPal accepted.

Member of:
A BookCoOp (TomFolio) and Ephemera Society of America.