[BKARTS] papermaking: InternationalPrintingMuseum

International Printing Museum
 315 Torrance Blvd.
 Carson, CA 90745

 Sat. Oct.7
 Introduction to Papermaking

 Make paper by hand under the California sun. This workshop will introduce you to the art of hand papermaking, its history and practice. We will use Western style papermaking techniques with three fibers- cotton, abaca, and hemp. We aim for you to make as much paper as possible, while gaining a sense for each fiber's unique natural properties. Using a variety of fibers and drying techniques, you will leave with paper samples from which to appreciate paper's miraculous and mutable nature. Be prepared to get wet!
 10am-4pm  Fee: $175.00

 For more info. please contact the International Printing Museum at
 (310) 515-7166. or on the internet at   www.printmuseum.org