Re: [BKARTS] Relocating to Maine

Hi!
I'm in Maine - an hour north of Bangor.

May I also suggest Sarah Farragher of Sarah's Books in Bangor. She would be happy to put you in touch with some book arts instructors and folks in the Bangor/Orono area. The College of The Atlantic in Bar Harbor has some interesting shows from time
to time and also has an excellent small gallery space - the Blum Gallery that would accomodate a solo show nicely. I believe Jan Owen resides in Brewer not Portland but Jennifer Goddall is in Portland.

Haystack is on Deer Isle, and the classes are typically offered in the summers although there is an Open Door session for Maine residents only (sorry folks! ) and that is taking place now.

There is a letterpress printing company on Swan's Island - "Saturn Press" and they do fantastic stationary and might also print small editions. Might be worth contacting them.

Cheers,
Heather Anne

P.S. There is a wonderful exhibit taking place all over the state right now entitled the Maine Print Project.
http://www.maineprintproject.org/about.html  The Orono exhibit will be up in Lord Hall soon.