Re: [BKARTS] Maine.

Hi Alice and others:

There is also a wonderful bookbinder in Maine named Scott Mullenberg who used to be in Portland but now has a studio in
Biddeford. Scott is working on a new website so you will be able to see the great stuff he does soon.

I'll include myself in this list, as well—Anastasia S. Weigle of "In A Bind" Studio in the Wharf District
of Portland: www.inabindstudio.com

Anastasia "Tassy" Weigle

alice Simpson wrote:

• Haystack Mountain School of Crafts on Deer Isle; • Mary Howe on Deer Isle;
• Blue Heron Gallery on Deer Isle--temporarily closed due to the death of much beloved Mary Nyburg;
• Katie MacDonald in Whiting--who makes the most wonderful paper, and works with a fine group of Book Artists;
• Rebecca Goodale in Portland- teacher, printmaker and book artist;
• David Wolfe in Portland;
• Jennifer Goddall is in Portland;
• Lissa Hunter in Portland;
• Kate Cheney Chappell on Monhegan Island;
• Walter Tisdale in Bangor - letterpress printer;
• Chosen Land, the Shaker Community at New Gloucester
• leather- http://www.brettunsvillage.com/ • Jan Owen in Brewer -- calligrapher and pastepaper designer;
• Heather Wright;
• Sarah Farragher of Sarah's Books in Bangor;
• "Saturn Press" on Swan's Island;
• Maine Print Project; http://www.maineprintproject.org/about.htm • Jolanda DeLevie on Orr’s Island- pastepapers and artist books;

Maybe I’ll move there, too.
Alice
ALICE SIMPSON
DANCE MARATHON
www.alicesimpson.com

<From: Susannah Fisher <smf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Relocating to Maine

I'm relocating to Maine at the end of the month (Mount Desert Island for six months while I get my bearings; then who knows).

Can anyone recommend anything related to book arts and the book arts community up there?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best, smf>