Carol
Eugene, OR
--------

On Oct 11, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Sally Canzoneri wrote:

In a message dated 10/11/2006 12:08:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Date:    Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:21:31 -0700
From:   Signa Houghteling <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Blackboard  available (not software!)

So, it's sometimes a sedimentary shale pressurized. I grew up where the
sidewalks were and some still are, made of slate.

Green "blackboards: came into being in the 50s, and although that may seem
"old-fashioned" (from a previous era, according to Webster's) they are not
old-fashioned to me who had to endure them in high school.

Signa

Signa, et al,

Green "blackboards" do not seem old fashioned to me either. But now I can't
resist asking: what are they made of?

Sally