Re: [BKARTS] Franklin Furnace collection

I don't recall seeing any answers to Jean Marvell's query, and though we are
not MOMA Library, I can tell you that at the Jaffe Collection we LOVE
ephemera related to the book arts and especially to the books in our
collection. We have a person on staff (Rita Feigenbaum) whose job is devoted
solely to this great stuff, and she is our Ephemerist. And Jean, it arrives
here in all sorts of ways: At the worst, it's all stuffed into shopping
bags; at the best, it's all in organized files. Rita gets through it, no
matter what.

I don't know if other libraries are as accommodating, but we are very aware
of the benefits of ephemera--perhaps a bit because of my own experience with
ephemera as a graduate student. I had done a series of letterpress
internships at The Shaker Press at the Shaker Community at Chosen Land in
New Gloucester, Maine, and it was the ephemera in the library there that had
the biggest impact on my projects... moreso than any book.

John

John Cutrone
Book Arts Coordinator
The Arthur & Mata Jaffe Center for the Book Arts
Florida Atlantic University Libraries
Boca Raton, Florida
http://www.jaffecollection.org

Jean Marvell wrote:

I am in the process of dispensing with some of my unsold limited edition
books to libraries and museums.  I will send one to the MOMA Library
Franklin Furnace Collection.   Have any of you sent to their collection?
They request catalogs of exhibits, reviews, etc. Did you just throw such
stuff in a box? make a list of what you have? send copies?  I don't know how
to go about this.
Jean Marvell
ART on and of PAPER