Re: [BKARTS] Longest Book in the World

Another suggestion I'd make is emailing someone at Philagrafika (www.philagrafika.org) - they went for the world record of the World's Longest Print (265 feet - printed with a steamroller), and got it. But to get Guiness to recognize it took a couple of years and a great deal of documentation.

You used to be able to see footage of the event in which they printed the print on their website, but it may be down now.
Good Luck!
Michelle

Tammy Powley <janine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: One suggestion - Call the reference department of your local public library
or stop by and look or ask a reference librarian to look in the Guinness
Book of World's Records. Every public library carries this book, and it is
actually, the most often stolen book from public libraries too. ;)

Tammy

At 02:55 PM 10/17/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings Colleagues,
>
>I wonder if any of you know the length of the longest book in the world.
>My seventh grade students made a beautiful origami book structure last
>year that unfolded to 150 feet in length, complete with their own verse.
>This year they would like to make one 300 feet long.
>
>When I search for this information, I am led to information about books
>with the highest number of pages or the most words. "How many feet long
>is the longest book?" they clamor to know. I promised them I would find
>out. Any leads appreciated.
>
>So loooooooong,
>Anne
>
>Anne Bingham