[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] Book spines

[Please respond directly to Mr. Altshiller as he is not on the listserv. Email is <donaltsc@xxxxxx>]


  Is there a name for illustrations found on individual
book spines of multi-volume works which display a large
complex design when the books are shelved together?

  What is the history of this book design process?
I've seen it in English language and also Arabic
multi-volume works, including encyclopedias.

I would appreciate any information you may provide.

**Please post the response directly to me.**

                          Donald Altschiller
 Thanks very much!

 Donald Altschiller
 Mugar Memorial Library
 Boston University
 Boston, MA 02215

Guild of Book Workers' 100th Anniversary Exhibition Now Online - Catalog Available
For all your subscription questions, go to the
Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]