Re: [BKARTS] exhibit ideas

An "orphan" occurs when the first line of a paragraph begins on the last line of a page... with the "widow" being somewhat the reverse: The last line of a paragraph ends on the first line of a page.

Printing oddities.... hmm. Have you checked for interesting colophons? Or perhaps interesting printers' marks? Aldus Manutius was the first to use the mark of an anchor with dolphins, and variations of this mark were used by printers through the centuries... and would be particularly appropriate to a maritime collection exhibit.

And if you have any printers' ephemera in your collection, you're bound to find some interesting pieces there.

Good luck!
John

"Thank you, and write when you can."
 Convivio Bookworks
 Inspired goods from around the globe and close to home...
 Books and broadsides, made by hand in Lake Worth, Florida.
 http://www.conviviobookworks.com