[BKARTS] Composition books in the 1950s

Hello all,

My daughter is working on a project for which she needs to make a copy  of a
1950s era composition book for a prop. I was wondering if  anyone on this list
could either direct us to a photo of what would have been a  typical
composition book for the era, or describe one for us. I was in grade  school then, but
can't remember if the black and white mottled ones kids use  today were
around by then.

Thanks very much,

Sally Canzoneri