Re: [BKARTS] Composition books in the 1950s

Composition books with black and white mottled paper (in what's sometimes called a German pattern) over boards were indeed used in the 1950s. They were about half an inch thick, and they tended to have slightly rounded corners. Put "composition book" into Google Images, and pictures of a number of them will come up. About the only difference between the ones I used growing up in the 1950s and the ones for sale today is addition of the bar code. -tb