[BKARTS] Looking to make my web site more interactive

In a message dated 10/26/2006 12:01:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:07:32 -0500
From:   Esther Kibby <ekibby@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Looking for help  making my web site more interactive.

Other places to look at are  Flickr, Blogger and Facebook. A number of
my students have forsaken  MySpace due to the new corporate MSN look and
have moved to Facebook due  to its simplicity and ease of navigation. I
use Blogger myself with my  students.

Norman,

I can't speak from personal experience, but my daughter (recently graduated
from college and an old hand at Facebook & MySpace) tells me that in  Facebook
someone has to be in your network or add you as a friend to view your
profile (where your blog would be). She also says that if you really want to  keep a
blog, use another website. Finally, she is not a big fan of MySpace  because
she says it can be sluggish and slow, and "weird" people can find you  because
it is open to anyone. However, she is using MySpace general, not MySpace
books, and presumably people who go from your web site to your MySpace books
site would not be surfing the web looking for cute young women.

Sally Canzoneri