[BKARTS] COMPOSITION BOOKS

Those composition books were around in the 40s too. I would live to know
more about their history and exactly when they originated.

R.Lewis

Composition books with black and white mottled paper (in what's sometimes
called a German pattern) over boards were indeed used in the 1950s. They
were about half an inch thick, and they tended to have slightly rounded
corners. Put "composition book" into Google Images, and pictures of a number
of them will come up. About the only difference between the ones I used
growing up in the 1950s and the ones for sale today is addition of the bar
code. -tb