Re: [BKARTS] laminating museum board

I would use the 3M 568 cold mount pressure sensitive adhesive, see link below. Comes in 11" and 23" high rolls. If you have a press with rollers you can run it through, great. It'll save you a lot of physical effort. Otherwise just lay the pieces on the roll and cut apart with a knife. Then stack in a nipping type press and leave for a while. Note, this acrylic based adhesive will also leave some gunk on your boardshear...

<http://www.gaylordmart.com/adblock.asp?abid=505&sid=80FAA0EBC3E54C50BAA83FD90067CF&search_by=desc&search_for=adhesive%203m>

I would stay away from any water soluble adhesives as it will be much more susceptible to warping.

p.

The following message was sent by Jessica Spring <springtide@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:38:05 -0700.

> I'm looking for suggestions on laminating a large quantity of 6 x 12" 2-ply
> museum board that has been letterpress printed.

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>