[BKARTS] Rusted book fittings: On Purpose

Hi, All.
I'm using some old hinges on a series of books for decorative effect. I've needed to cut off the male/female (actual hinging) portion and am just using the "straps", so there's a bit of new shiny metal showing at the cut and grind points. Any tips on how to quickly rust this bit?
(I've aged brass with ammonia fumes... Tried hanging 3 iron hinges over an enclosed ammonia bath last night but no effect.)
Bob
Maryville TN