Re: [BKARTS] Knife Sharpening in the Carolinas.

On Oct 31, 2006, at 12:29 AM, Jake Benson wrote:

Try the Knife Source in Fountain Inn, SC, near Spartanburg and Greenville. They use a water-cooled method and did a tremendous job on my guillotine blade when I lived in Columbia. Call (864)-601-2300. Not sure about adjustments and repair though.

Bridget Elmer wrote:
Greetings. Does anyone have suggestions for someone in the SE (I'm in Asheville, NC) who is available for board shear and / or guillotine sharpening, adjusting and repair? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

As to adjusting the Board Shear, there are two possibilities:
1) Check out the Guild of Book Workers video on Adjusting the Jacques Board Shear. It is available from Jane Meggers at the Guild at: library@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To view what other videos are available see: http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/library.shtml
2) And/Or, contact Paul Brubaker at Bindery Tools, Ltd. (www.binderytools.com). He might be in your area at sometime and could service your shear.

Also, I occasionally work on board shears. In the near future, I will have a new safety device for the clamp.
Bill Minter

William Minter Bookbinding & Conservation, Inc. 4364 Woodbury Pike Woodbury, PA 16695 814-793-4020 Fax: 814-793-4045 Email: wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx