[BKARTS] Film on Florence flood

It plays brilliantly for me and I've seen the original
film version as well. Both have the sound of the bells
a bit off at the beginning but that is it, well
actually there is a bit of breakup at the very start
of credits with the digitized. Also, there is not
constant narration in the film, instead long stretches
where the movie allows the images to speak for
themselves.
As a window on what was some mid-20th "best practice"
it is immensely valuable and of course watching Chris
Clarkson at work is pleasure enough. It would be
interesting to see an update.
Also it is important to remember that the film was
basically made to be part of fund raising efforts and
not as instruction.
As to the Corps stories, hmmm, the folks who brought
us Katrina! JK of course.
Another story going the rounds was that during WWII
the most valuable books and objects were moved to
ground floor and basement locations for fear of bomb
damage and just never returned to higher flood proof
levels. It was administrative inertia which doomed
Dante and spared Segal.
Then there is the story of the washing staff strike
over fungicide, and then the blue blotters debacle, oh
never mind!
Do watch.

(http://voice.yahoo.com)