[BKARTS] dull leather surface

Hello

at the moment I am (trying to) make some nice toolings on leather. I polished the surface of the leather previously, but due to a very used stamp, the surface between the contours has become dull again. May I polish directly on the tooling with a polishing iron? I used fixor and real gold for the tooling and I am afraid of removing the gold again when polishing it directly. Are there any other ways to restore a shiny surface?

Greetings

Florian