[BKARTS] Isopropanol: thanks & related question

Bookmark Lab Depot  http://www.labdepotinc.com/  They
will be able to help you out with the alcohol and
almost any other chemical you need in you shop.
Yes, there is a surcharge for shipping a flammable
liquid but its not that bad, usually in the
neighborhood of $10.
As to your somewhat dried cellugel, the problem is
that it will not want to penetrate very far into the
leather and thus not do an admirable job of
consolidation. It will certainly have other uses in
your studio, as an adhesive for example.
Also if you get some isopropanol you can add a bit to
the cellugel and rethin.

--- Lavinia Adler <laviniaa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks to all of you who responded to my query about
> isopropanol. Since I
> can find nothing more pure than 95% in my area,
> can't find 100% even on
> the Web (at least in as much time as I've been
> willing to search) and
> have been educated by a private responder about the
> difficulties and
> expense of shipping the pure stuff, were I to find
> it, I think it'll be
> simpler if I just order a fresh container of
> Cellugel when the time
> comes...
>
> ...which leads me to my next question. The Cellugel
> I have is now about
> the consistency of hardened jello. I've used it by
> squishing it firmly
> into a softer consistency, and that seems to work
> fine. Is there any
> reason I shouldn't use it that way? Might whatever
> substance that has
> evaporated be essential to getting proper results on
> the rotted leather?
>
> Lavinia

> to the

> information

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030