[BKARTS] Book research help

Hi,

I know this may be a bit off topic, but I thought with all these book experts someone may be able to help or at least point me in the right direction.

I am trying to figure out what some entries in a Toole Stott bibliography I have mean.  They are:

8 (degree symbol), 12 (degree symbol), etc

Then there are many entries with this type of symbolism:  [A]^2 B-Hh^8Ii^6   or     A-MM^6     The symbol pi is also used in these formula type entries.

Thanks for any help with this.

Best,

Mark