Re: [BKARTS] dull leather surface

Dear Florian,

If you blinded in the tooling first and then applied the fixor only to
the tooled area, you shouldn't have a problem polishing over it.  The
finishing will push the gold and fixor below the surface of the
leather.  If, however, you glaired all over, you probably will find
that polishing will gum up the fixor on the non-tooled areas.  Egg
glair doesn't have this problem and that's one of the reasons I use it.

I've also found that SC6000 (available from Talas) gives a very nice
sheen to the leather when I'm all done.

I hope this helps,
Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery

P.S. I would appreciate it if everyone would sign their postings - like
Florian did. I'm not clairvoyant, so I don't know who xyz@zzx is.
Thanks.