Re: [BKARTS] Litho stones

I have a small lithography workshop and a stash of over one hundred stones of various sizes.  I am located in South Bend Indiana.  I would be glad to part with some of these.  Anyone interested in acquiring one may contact me directly at alanjlarkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx .

  Alan Larkin

J Godsey <gods1216@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Indeed, my litho stone came off ebay ages ago and the shipping was more than the cost of the stone.

But I also use a sheet of tempered glass or a piece of marble.
Broken pieces of victorian bathroom marble are common as dirt in new england.

> I think this is a good idea. I've heard that the supply of
> natural litho stones is exhausted, and I am reluctant to use
> mine to pare on, since it is easy to dig into (and ruin) the
> surface. I feel they should be saved for future printers,
> because drawing on a stone is a totally different experience
> than any other type of surface. Flat glass, marble or granite
> is easy to find.
>
> Jeff Peachey
>
> On Nov 9, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Don Drake wrote:
>
> > Michele,
> >
> > I have some tempered glass I use for paring. Some of it
> appears to be
> > the glass from the front of old televisions. I also pare
> small bits on
> > a piece of marble that was from a goofy cheese cutting set.
> > Maybe your contractor buddy can get his hands on a marble sink cut-
> > out from a counter top installation.
> >
> > Regards
> > Don Drake
> > Dreaming Mind
> >
> > ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > IM: stitchbyhand
> > http://www.dreamingmind.com
> > http://www.hughstump.com
> > (510) 537-9711
> > ,
> > On Nov 9, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Michele Brown wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone have a source for litho stones (for paring leather) on
> >> the east coast?
> >>

> >> Michele Brown
> >> Book Conservator
> >> Department of Preservation and Collection Maintenance
> >> B-31 Olin Library
> >> Cornell University
> >> Ithaca, NY 14853
> >> (607) 255-2484