[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] Help with LCSH for conservators

The Art and Architecture Thesaurus has both "conservators" and
"restorers" as accepted terms, defined as follows:

"People responsible for treatment, preventive care, and research
directed toward the long-term safekeeping of cultural and natural
heritage. For those engaged in making changes to an object or structure
in order to prevent further deterioration, see "preservationists." For
those who make changes to an object or structure so as to closely
approximate its state at a specific time in its past, see "restorers."



Date:    Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:03:08 -0500
From:    "COATES, Carolyn (Library)" <CoatesC@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Help with LCSH for conservators


If what you need is a term for the occupation, there might be
in a Dept. of Labor publication that would have it, though I'm not
how nuanced that would be either.

Hope this helps,
Carolyn Coates


Guild of Book Workers' 100th Anniversary Exhibition Now Online - Catalog Available
             For all your subscription questions, go to the
                      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
          See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]