[BKARTS] Soap Box Prints deadline extended

Hello Printmakers, Papermakers and Book Artists,

Show your work and show the world our artists' concern for the environment!

The American Print Alliance is still accepting prints, paperworks and
artists' books for our next portfolio, "Soap Box Prints: For a Cleaner
Environment." In response to numerous requests, we are extending the
deadline to December 31, 2006. And we are gratefully accepting as many as
three different prints, paperworks or artists' books (two impressions of
each) per artist.

The theme includes landscapes, cityscapes, seascapes, botanical prints,
flora and fauna (especially endangered species), commentary on conservation
and preservation, consumption, pollution, global warming, genetic diversity,
etc. Non-toxic and less-toxic methods and materials are highly encouraged.
Please read the full prospectus and download the entry form at our website,
www.PrintAlliance.org. If we can raise enough money through sales from the
Soap Box Prints portfolio, we will finally be able to post the full
"September 11 Memorial Portfolio" and create a CD to give to all of the
families.

The "Memorial Portfolio" of 445 donated prints and works on paper was on
view this September 2006 at its 14th venue, in New York City at VanDeb
Editions Gallery. Shown at hospitals, high schools and neighborhood centers
as well as college and university galleries, our artwork - presented all
together - has had a tremendous effect on thousands and thousands of people.
Help make this "Soap Box Prints" portfolio as extraordinary and inspiring,
an outpouring of concern for our world and a call for action. Ask your
colleagues and students to take part.

"Contemporary Impressions, The Journal of the American Print Alliance" is
our major source of income and helps support all Alliance programs including
these portfolios. Subscriptions are $30 for allied council members, $37 for
other individuals, $15 for students. As an incentive for you to subscribe
and participate in Soap Box Prints, if you subscribe for 2006 & 2007 by
December 31, your entries for Soap Box prints are free! That's $55 for
allied council members, $62 for other individuals and just $30 for full-time
students ($84 for institutions, which may select one person to receive the
free entry offer). Just write a note on your Soap Box form or on your order
form (here's the direct link
www.printalliance.org/alliance/al_subform.html). You'll get the 2006 set of
journals with a wood engraving by Marsha Sweet, the 2007 set of journals
with that gift print, free entry to Soap Box prints, free posting of an
image in our online Print Bin, a personal password for full access to the
website including the competitive exhibits list and the subscriber's
discount on the Guide to Print Workshops (for the few remaining copies of
the old printed edition and for the up-dated online version when it's posted
next year). And you'll have a warm glow against the winter cold from knowing
that you're helping to support the American Print Alliance website,
exhibitions and other programs.

Thank you!
Carol Pulin, director
American Print Alliance
non-profit consortium of printmakers' councils
302 Larkspur Turn, Peachtree City GA 30269
www.PrintAlliance.org, director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please forgive us if you get multiple copies of this announcement, we're
asking all the councils to help spread the word about this exhibit
opportunity. If you have already sent your entries, thank you very much!
See if yours was selected for our inspiration page in the Exhibits section
www.printalliance.org/exhibits/SoapBoxPortfolio/SoapBoxPortfolio.html.