[BKARTS] Welcome to Labyrinth - a large-scale international artist's book exhibition, Botkyrka, Sweden

Date: 	Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:49:08 +0100
From: 	"Sandell Joanna, KOF" <joanna.sandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 	Welcome to Labyrinth - a large-scale international artist's bookexhibition
To: 	undisclosed-recipients:;
	add addresses

PRESS RELEASE
Labyrinth, a large-scale international artist´s book exhibition opens at Botkyrka Konsthall on November 18th 2006.  Opening hours 12-16 pm.

Concetta Modica - The greatest labyrinth I have ever seen is on my grandmother's blanket, Aleksandra Mir - Living and Loving No:3, Lina Nordenström - Källan

More than one hundred artists or artists? collectives from different countries ? Japan, Rumania, Turkey, Israel, Singapore and the United States to name a few ? are included in the show.

One of the challenges when producing exhibitions is the cost of shipping and freights. In Labyrinth artists have sent their works by mail, and curators and artists on residencies abroad have carried works with them in their hand luggage. Most of the works are recent, many of them have been made with Labyrinth in mind. Included are well-known names within the artists? book genre such as Clémentine Deliss, Leif Elggren, Luca Frei, Karl Holmqvist, Nina Katchadourian, Masato Nakamura and Gil Marco Shani. The visitor is also introduced to many of the most important artist?s book distributors around the world.

Labyrinth has the shape of a circular library. The novels Library of Babel and The Garden of Forking Paths by the Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges have been a source of inspiration.
In Labyrinth you will get a feeling of what gets young artists in Italy to work in book-format, or why a curator in Japan chooses to create travelling exhibitions with only book works.
The visitor is able to borrow some of the artist?s books in the exhibition. We are also introducing our new distribution of artist?s books.

In January we re-open the exhibition with performative acts, readings and much more.

Botkyrka Konsthall is also producing a book by Teresa&David and Swedish photographer Johan Warden that will be released at the opening of Labyrinth.

Curators: Joanna Sandell, Pia Sandström
Coordinator: Johan Lundh
Graphic design: Teresa&David

Labyrinth  is open until January 31st 2007.

For more information please contact Joanna Sandell at +46-734218558, joanna.sandell@xxxxxxxxxxx