To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: Dying Leather

In the product description for Dye-Fix it states,
"Once dry, the leather can be finished in the
normal way".

What is the "normal way"?

I read the article "Leather Staining, Dyeing and
Decorating" (Skin Deep Spring 1997 v.3) referenced
on the Hewit web page.  And a good article BTW.

Is the article suggesting a paste wash between
dyeing and finishing, or is a paste wash just
necessary for tooling?

And the paste wash? Is it Rice paste or Wheat paste?

Thank you for your time,
And sorry for the bombardment of questions.
Daniel
ps.  Please share your response to the list.