[BKARTS] WORKSHOP: Intoduction to Bookarts and Papermaking, April '07, Noblesville, Indiana

The Blue Stone Folk School, a new program in Noblesville, Indiana, is
launching a modest bookart program this spring. Howard and Kathy Clark of Twinrocker Paper are good friends and have been a great resource for this class.

We are beginning with "Introduction to Bookarts and Papermaking" a class
that I've taught at IUPUI in Indianapolis.

Intoduction to Bookarts and Papermaking
Instructor: Geoffrey Davis
Dates : April 9 - 13 8:00 - 3:00
Cost: $450 + materials

The basics of papermaking will be explored by recycling paper and working
with natural fibers to produce new paper. Using the paper that we've
made, fine paper and fabric we will construct a variety of book structures
that open the door to journaling and self-publishing projects. Morning
sessions will be dedicated to instruction. Afternoons will allow time for
you to practice your new techniques and develop your own projects. One
afternoon will be dedicated to a field trip to Twinrocker Paper in
Brookston, Indiana to meet and speak with Howard Clark.

<http://www.bluestonefolkschool.org>

Thank you,

Geoff

GB Davis