Re: [BKARTS] Instructions for "homemade" book cloth sought

Carrie,

I've used many types of fabric, matte medium (go into an art supply or craft
store store and ask for it; they'll help you out) diluted a bit with water,
and, optionally, asian paper (aka Japanese paper). Just put the fabric the
side you want on the outside of the book facedown on smooth, flat surface,
and brush on matte medium until the fabric is covered. Then, put the paper
down onto it (there should be enough matte medium to saturate the paper).
Once it dries, you've got bookcloth. Alternatively, you can use iron on
adhesive available from fabric stores. But I dunno if that is more
expensive. Myself, I am about economy.

Different types of fabric work better than others. But experimenting is half
the fun.

-Jake