To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Instructions for "homemade" book cloth sought-gelatin

But doesn't anything like gelatin or wheat/rice paste lend
itself to insects?

No more than any animal glues or other starch pastes. j

Les

Leslie A.Miller ORIGINAL PAPERCUTS Midway Studios 15 Channel Center Street, #309 Boston, MA 02210 www.originalpapercuts.com zandeerae@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message----- From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alan Shalette Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:05 PM To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Instructions for "homemade" book cloth sought

I've seen some beautiful and sturdy coverings made by Cary Peck of Boulder CO.

She used "ordinary" (decorated, actually) cloth easily found
in fabric stores and coated it with a thick solution of
unflavored gelatin (found in any supermarket).

Alan Shalette