[BKARTS] SoCal APHA Salon

The Southern California Chapter of the American Printing History Association presents our first Salon:

TYPE WE LOVE,
TYPE WE HATE:
Individual Responses to Typefaces

SoCal APHA’s “Salon Series” will be informal, social, and stimulating events that will occur on an irregular basis and at a variety of locations. And, like the celebrated gatherings held at the homes of worldly and gracious hosts and hostesses in the 18th and 19th centuries, we aim to bring together a variety of people to discuss designated topics in an informal, participative environment. Therefore, we will encourage widespread participation in lively discussions, led by Cristina Favretto, sharing of materials and experiences, and the formation of new friendships as well as the acceptance of new ideas and modes of thinking about the printed word.

Our first Salon topic will center around individual responses— positive and negative—to typefaces and type styles. Participants are encouraged to bring examples of printed items that appeal to them, as well as of typefaces that negatively impact our reading/viewing experience. We will discuss fashions in typefaces through the ages, and bring in our collective knowledge and experience to think about our dream matches of type and content.

Southern California APHA: Salon 1
December 13, 2006
7:00 p.m.
5350 Playa Vista Drive, Unit 12, Playa Vista, CA 90094
(310) 439-2135

Bring snacks and beverages to share.

RSVP Richenda Brim
rbrim@xxxxxxxxx
Deadline for reservations: Dec. 9, 2006
Reservations are limited to the space available

Location: Kitty Maryatt’s Studio, Two Hands Press
One block east of the corner of Jefferson and Lincoln Blvd.,
one-half block north of Jefferson on Playa Vista Drive
Take the 405 to Jefferson, go west two miles, turn right (north) on Playa Vista Drive
We are at the end of the building to the right of the stop sign halfway up the street
Park on the street or in guest parking