[BKARTS] acidity of milk

Okay -
So, I was ph testing the dry-gummed Artistamp paper from theolatheposte.com
(the kind used for bookplates and bookseller trade tags)
The paper came out neutral and the dry gum came up slightly acidic.
Bob from Olathe Poste suggested wetting the gum with milk to counteract the acidity.
Sounds loigical
But my initial gut feeling is not to put food on books but what do I know?

I toss this suggestion to the troops for opinions.

j. godsey
14 pleasant st
methuen, ma 01844
Unbound: Book Repair for Booksellers.
Book Deodorizer - the guaranteed solution.
http://www.bibliophilebullpen.com/