Re: [BKARTS] Friction Mounting

To my knowledge wet strength tissue is another way to describe a long fiber paper like many Japanese papers that don't get mushy that fast when wet, and retain their relative strength and dimensional quality when wet.  In my experience, the dampening or wetting alone and subsequent drying(without heavy pressure) is what allows the nice textural quality. One can see quite readily when washing a nicer hand made book paper that before washing, the old size, and pressure of being in a book over the years, and time/ changes of the constituents of the paper size produce  a smoother, harder surface than when it first came off the press.  After washing the size has been partially re-liquified and re-distributed to some degree, and the paper fibers themselves have plumped up a bit.  Suddenly the type "bite" is more prominent and you can feel the texture of both the paper and the type with your fingers, where before it was relatively smooth.