Re: [BKARTS] Paper grain

Hello Jessica,
I lay it flat and wet one side with a sponge or paper towel. YOu don't need a very large piece. Some people lick a small piece. I also like to pull an edge between thumb and ring fingernails. It becomes quite ripply as you cross the grain. Sometimes you can't tell and have to use both to confirm. When the paper is listed by the dealer the second number is supposed to be the long grain. So 14 x 11 in. indicates that the grain is short on the 11 in. direction; some use an underline for the dimension to indicate the grain direction. 11 x 14 in for example.
Cheers,
Charlie