Re: [BKARTS] Paper Grain direction

I find that the bending test is the easiest and safest to do. My first bookmaking teacher would tear up a corner of the paper, lick it up and see which way it curls. It's fast, but I don't like the fact that you will have to waste that corner. However, this snip-and-lick option doesn't really work for card stock and boards, in which I found the bending method works perfectly.

Dennis

Paper and Bookmaking Blog: http://CaiLun.info

Lee Churchill wrote:
I do a non-destructive test. I bend the paper vertically and
horizontally, whichever is 'springier' is against the grain.