Re: [BKARTS] teaching letterpress

Hi Leslie,

When I took letterpress from Penny McElroy at the University of
Redlands, she had us find a fable that was about three paragraphs to
use on a broadside.  For our final project, we selected poetry (if I
remember correctly) - one of my classmates made a gorgeous book of a TS
Eliot poem.  The class was a great success.

Printing poetry is a great way to get the students to appreciate
typography, language, paper, and letterpress.

Best of luck,

Lisa Beth
--
Lisa Beth Robinson
East Carolina University

robinsonli@xxxxxxx
252.328.1296

--- Leslie Fedorchuk <lfedorch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Suggestions for a good beginners text for learning/teaching
> letterpress?
> Or is it best to just get in there with them and do it?  I've never
> used
> any text when teaching this, but thought I would throw it out to the
> list
> just to see what others do.
>
> Best, Leslie
>
> Professor Leslie Fedorchuk
> Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
> 273 East Erie Street
> Milwaukee, Wisconsin   53202
> 414-276-7889
>
> lfedorch@xxxxxxxx         www.miad.edu
>
> MIAD is Wisconsin's only independent, four-year college of art and
> design.
>

> "A Good Day - is any day
>   that you're alive"
>              Paul Westerberg

The first law of motion is that bodies in motion stay in motion and bodies at rest stay at rest, unless acted upon by a force.--Isaac Newton, Principia.

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com