From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
bndrboi
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 4:12 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Silk Grosgrain Ribbon?

Does anyone know a source for 7mm or 1/4 inch wide
real silk grosgrain ribbon? I'm looking for something
to match the ribbed ribbon used for sewing tapes and
ties on late 19th century Arts and Crafts limp vellum
bindiings. Extensive searching turns up only a light
weight silk ribbon, nothing like a true grosgrain.
I'm at the point of considering weaving my own but
really will prefer not to.
My very many thanks for any suggestions.

http://new.mail.yahoo.com