[BKARTS] Typeholder question

Greetings,

Does anyone have experience with European - style typeholders over and above the English - style typeholders?

We use the regular, English style here in our workshop, but we are considering buying a European - style self-centring one. However, they appear to be limited in their use, that is, each typeholder appears to be made for one size of type only, having only one tightening screw. Whereas, the English style, which have two tightening screws, giving the tightening effect at 90 degrees to each other, is designed to fit many sizes of type.

Can anyone advise please? What is the preference, when given the choice?

Thank you.

Peter Krantz
Book Restorations
Sydney