[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] Typeholder question


Does anyone have experience with European - style typeholders over and above the English - style typeholders?

We use the regular, English style here in our workshop, but we are considering buying a European - style self-centring one. However, they appear to be limited in their use, that is, each typeholder appears to be made for one size of type only, having only one tightening screw. Whereas, the English style, which have two tightening screws, giving the tightening effect at 90 degrees to each other, is designed to fit many sizes of type.

Can anyone advise please? What is the preference, when given the choice?

Thank you.

Peter Krantz
Book Restorations

Tel. (02) 9416.9900

The Bonefolder, Vol. 3, No. 1, Fall 2006 Now Online at
Guild of Book Workers' 100th Anniversary Exhibition Online - Catalog Available
For all your subscription questions, go to the
Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]