[BKARTS] alum tawed

Does anyone have any experience giving an aged look to alum tawed skin.
I have done a facsimile binding with alum tawed goatskin (with pig grain) from Hewit.  They provide it with a light cream tone to give it a bit of an antique look.  My client would like the finish to be much more antique, however.
I suggested that it will look just like a 500 year old book by around the year 2500 but he is looking for a quicker solution.
Thanks,
Jeff Altepeter

Jeffrey Altepeter, Bookbinder
1 Fitchburg Street, Studio B156