Re: [BKARTS] alum tawed

Jeff,
Whenever I had the same challenge, I used watercolors. Sadly, the first times, I used Dr. Martins Water Colors. They were not stable. Today, I would use the much more stable, light-fast, pigmented, watercolors, such as Winsor & Newton Water Colours.
Obviously, you will need to do some testing to get some appropriate colors. They can brushed, sponged and sprinkled, and rubbed for a nice finish.
Good Luck.
Bill