Re: [BKARTS] edward has some questions

Edward

I just did a project using paper from Bhutan that I rubbed with tung oil. Initially I experimented with it last June when I was trying to protect the paper from water (I had read that tung oil is what they use to make paper umbrellas waterproof in Japan). It darkened the paper slightly and made it translucent, both negatives for that particular use. However, I loved the look of the paper and just started experimenting with it again. It takes a long time to dry. The paper I treated in June is dry now and I'm not sure when it became so. On my recent project, I wanted to use it right away so I ironed the treated paper between paper towels and that absorbed some of the oil but it still has some oil.

in good spirit
Susan