[BKARTS] One way of making lightboxes

>2. anyone have any experience making lightboxes?

With space at a premium, I use a makeshift one. I bought a plug-in
type of fluorescent light fixture, think it was called a Brightstick.
They range from $10 to $20 at any hardware store. Use either a piece
of clear rigid plastic or a sheet of clear glass (with the edges
polished) suspended at either side by whatever's handy that will give
equal height. Books work well or blocks of wood. Place them at either
side of the plastic, put the light underneath between the supports and
you have a space saving lightbox.

In a pinch a window with direct sunlight works well too.

Helen